Job spec: Legal iGaming Executive
Would you like a challenging international career where your skills are of great contribution to clients?
Would you like to work at one of the finest financial services companies based on the beautiful island of Malta?
Would you like to work in a professional, hands-on, independent and informal environment?
Then you could be the
Legal iGaming Executive
we are looking for!
What will you do?
As an integral part of the iGaming Department, you will be helping to build and mature the products and services offered to our clients. You will be helping to ensure that our clients comply with all applicable laws and regulations within the iGaming sector. We aim to offer our clients a different service that is tailored to the clients’ individual needs.
Main responsibilities are
- Keeping abreast with the iGaming legal framework
- Ensuring that all our services are in line with the obligations
- Continually liaising with the stakeholders to ensure client, legal and business needs are being met
- Creating and managing the creation of several templates that will be used in management of our clients’ needs
- Assisting clients in acquiring and maintaining their iGaming license
- Provide legal consultancy as required
- Holding certain key positions within the clients’ companies
- Advise the company on any legal requirements
Where will you be working
EM Group offers compliance and corporate services for companies operating in the eGambling or online industry in Malta, the Netherlands, Curaçao and Cyprus. We provide everything necessary to comply with the terms and conditions of gaming licenses in various jurisdictions. Our compliance services are related to gaming specific matters such as application for eGambling licenses and compliance in the field of regulatory matters, responsible gaming and fraud prevention as well as to financial compliance matters such as AML and financial intelligence and lastly to local compliance matters such as incorporation and management services, statutory financial administration and tax compliance. We are specialized in the setup of bank and merchant accounts and provide ongoing secretarial and administrative support.
Working at EM Group means working in a dynamic company with great colleagues and an international environment. At EM Group, we score as a team and our colleagues are on top of their game.
You will be working in one of the most beautiful areas of Malta. Our office is located in the heart of Sliema, easily accessible with public and private transport. You will receive a competitive salary, holiday allowance, private health insurance, parking facilities, and international career opportunities in our other offices. You can also benefit and participate in:
- EM Academy with soft skills, knowledge and leadership development trainings
- Regular social events with your colleagues
- Interaction with more than 30 international colleagues in Malta and more than 220 colleagues worldwide
- Daily fresh fruit and weekly team lunches
How do you fit in the team?
In this role you will be a member of the EM iGaming department and report directly to our Director for Key Functions and will work closely with other team members locally, globally and the client businesses as well. You will have a direct hand in the creation of iGaming service products and have a unique opportunity to gain a deep understanding of the iGaming industry and how iGaming companies work and operate, while maintaining EM Group's high international standards of business. Summarized as a Legal iGaming executive you will be contributing directly to the iGaming department in a very fundamental manner, having a direct hand in the creation and management of the products. This is a unique role and one that offers a great opportunity to acquire a valuable skillset for any legal professional.
The ideal candidate will have
- Qualified lawyer;
- Minimum of 2 years of warranted experience;
- iGaming knowledge is desirable but not essential;
- Willingness and attitude to learn about a vast and dynamic sector;
- Strong organizational and effective communication skills;
- A professional and hands-on work mentality;
- Proven team spirit;
- Proven coaching skills;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Self-starting mentality, taking initiatives;
- Excellent communication skills in English (both orally and in writing);
- This role will require occasional travel.
We make success possible. Success for our clients by providing high-quality services, however also success for our colleagues by providing you with personal and professional growth opportunities to help you reach your full potential. Just as we help our clients reach their goals. The foundation of our success is delivering true value through long term relations. That applies to our clients and colleagues. We are in it for the long run, that creates value for us and for you. This results in a very personal and informal company culture with a healthy work-life balance. We are proud of that, and we call it being professional in a non-corporate way.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile?
We can’t wait to meet you! Please email your resume to [email protected]
By sending in your personal details for this job application, you give your consent that those details will be saved in our database for application purposes. After the termination of your application procedure, we will delete your details from our database. Obviously, we will treat your details with care, with confidentiality and we will not share those with third parties.