Job spec - Corporate Lawyer
Would you like:
- a challenging international career where your skills are of great contribution to clients?
- to work at one of the finest financial services companies based on the beautiful island of Malta?
- to work in a professional, hands-on, independent and informal environment?
THEN YOU COULD BE THE
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The EM Group offers compliance and corporate services for companies operating in the eGaming or online industry in Curaçao, Cyprus and Malta. We provide everything necessary to comply with the terms and conditions of gaming licenses in various jurisdictions. Our compliance services are related to gaming specific matters such as application for eGambling licenses and compliance in the field of regulatory matters, responsible gaming and fraud prevention as well as to financial compliance matters such as AML and financial intelligence and lastly to local compliance matters such as incorporation and management services, statutory financial administration and tax compliance. We are specialized in the setup of bank and merchant accounts and provide ongoing secretarial and administrative support.
WHERE YOU WILL BE WORKING:
Working at EM Group means working in a dynamic company with great colleagues and an international environment. At EM Group, we score as a team and our colleagues are on top of their game.
You will be working in one of the most beautiful areas of Malta. Our office is located in the heart of Sliema, easily accessible with public and private transport. You will receive a competitive salary, holiday allowance, private health insurance, parking facilities, and international career opportunities in our other offices. You can also benefit and participate in:
- EM Academy with soft skills, knowledge and leadership development trainings
- Regular social events with your colleagues
- Our annual ski trip
- Interaction with more than 20 international colleagues in Malta and more than 170 colleagues worldwide
- Daily fresh fruit and weekly team lunches
HOW WILL YOU FIT IN THE TEAM:
As a Corporate Lawyer, you need to manage ad-hoc activities, next to your extensive client contact and daily work. In this position, you need to prioritize what is important, have a hands-on, flexible and independent work mentality and be able to deal with stress and deadlines. A helicopter view is required, since you are responsible for the legal processes and requirements of our clients. You are proactive, know what you are capable of, possess good communication skills and not afraid of asking questions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Maintain an organized planning of work and make sure that the portfolio of client entities is in good standing
- Draft and review correspondence and agreements on behalf of the companies
- Coordinate the incorporation, maintenance, and/or dissolution of companies
- Manage all legal requirements covering contractual matters and licensing as required
- Recording all time spent on client matters and related client debtor’s management
- Work closely with the team of financial account managers to meet client expectations
- Maintain close contact and build a strong relationship with auditors, tax advisors, lawyers, notaries and other external parties
- Attend and participate at client meetings, either on or off site. This may occasionally require international travel
- Keep track of new legal and fiscal developments and anticipate changes in legislation and translate this into business opportunities
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A law degree from a reputable university and a warrant to practice law in at least one European jurisdiction
- Experience within Maltese corporate law
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant professional experience in a local corporate service provider setup or company law background
- To be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with gaming and gaming-related industries will be considered an asset
- Fluent in English (both orally and in writing)
- Excels in fast paced working environment
- Personal credibility, integrity and high moral standards and
- To be result oriented, responsible, highly meticulous and detail-oriented
We make success possible. Success for our clients by providing high-quality services, however also success for our colleagues by providing you with personal and professional growth opportunities to help you reach your full potential. Just as we help our clients reach their goals. The foundation of our success is delivering true value through long term relations. That applies to our clients and colleagues. We’re in it for the long run, that creates value for us and for you. This results in a very personal and informal company culture with a healthy work-life balance. We are proud of that and we call it being professional in a non-corporate way.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? We can’t wait to meet you! If you have any questions about the position or about EM Group please contact us, by email firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending in your personal details for this job application, you give your consent that those details will be saved in our database for application purposes. After the termination of your application procedure, we will delete your details from our database. Obviously, we will treat your details with care, with confidentiality and we will not share those with third parties.